Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Reading is one of my greatest pleasures- has been since I was a little girl. When I was in 1st grade, I lived
in Iowa & there was a shortage of schools so I attended school in a church across town from where we lived. It was about an 18 block walk for me-alone everyday. My Momma was very sick, she did not have her own car and I had two younger brothers at home, so she couldn't take me. The moral of this rather sad story is this: my walk took me by the public library and although I don't have alot of memories of that year...I do remember that what I wanted more than ANYTHING, was to be able to go in that big brick building, get my own library card and check out a big armful of books. : ) When I got older I did finally get my own library card and I remember fondly the book mobile coming to the small town where I lived and being able to get a whole stack of books (heaven) and I would read to my hearts content. When my children were little-reading was a, never to be missed daily ritual, no matter where we were-at home, in a hotel, a hot air balloon or a tent....(just kidding about the hot air balloon).  : )
No day is complete for me if it doesn't involve some time to read....reading takes me to places I've never been and helps me unwind at the end of the day. A favorite summer read of mine is Shauna Niequists, Cold Tangerines.
I find this office/library to be divine-
I could be sitting at that desk right now
with my laptop,blogging.   nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment

comments from you make my day! thanks~