Tuesday, December 10, 2013

a birthday in december~


 
 
December 10th
 
 
today is my friend leslie's birthday.
sunday she, her two daughters and I met in northfield to
celebrate her.
 
 
leslie's oldest daughter and her husband moved to this historic little town
in april and I hadn't been there yet to visit. I had seen a few pictures of their
home, but like I told them, no one went on sufficiently for me to have
been prepared for how wonderful it all is.
.
 





so, christa loves to decorate. almost as much as her momma. she learned from
the best and she
had outdone herself this Christmas! all these photos are in their home- touches of Christmas
were everywhere. it was a feast for the eyes and  it warmed my heart.
 






these ginger cookies are magic. rumor has it that you make a wish and lay one
in the palm of your hand, then press firmly in the center with one finger. if it breaks in
thirds- whatever wish you wished WILL come true. 



 
 
 
this tree is in their kitchen 



two of their 3 boys opening a little gift from grandma

 

here the littlest elf was hamming it up on the bed for me. he loved having his
picture taken. I loved taking them.  :  )







grama leslie gives each boy a nutcracker every Christmas. don't they
look festive all lined up on the mantle?



this is the front entry of their home. from the moment I walked in,
I was enchanted with this house.



 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 there is a screen porch on the front of the house. that's unusual, but the
house is nestled on a wooded lot and although they are in town,
they are at the end of a dead end street and it feels very private.
(i'd love a screen porch on the front of my house~)
 
see the photo below for a look at the whole front of their beautiful home.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
wishing one of my oldest, dearest friends a happy birthday.
our day together was such fun (the roads were so treacherous we were nuts to drive down, but that's how much we love you Leslie)-
northfield,
"i'll be back".
 
 
 
xo, beth
 
*I might have time to show you some of the
pics of downtown northfield later in the week.
 
if you haven't ever been there, you should
grab a friend and make a day of it.
it's on the river, old, historic and oh so charming! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments from you make my day! thanks~