Monday, March 19, 2018




hello!

tomorrow is march 20th~
the official first day of spring 
and guess whaaaaat?
the forecast says it's going to snow.

hahaha- well you know what?
snow away!
i am not going to let it bum me out.
when you get to mid march, even if you do live in 
cold, frozen Minnesota, you know it's not going to last.

spring is on the horizon. you can tell by the water 
running down the street and the shrinking piles of snow.

i saw the first two robins flitting from tree to tree yesterday.
and we saw people driving a convertible with the top down on Saturday.
i've see people wearing shorts!

it is after all, 
averaging 40 degrees by midday.

so that's it. i'm calling an official wrap to another winter.
so long, farewell, au revoir, goodbye, but
before i start showing you photos of my gardens and
green grass, I've found a bunch of photos of winter to share with you.

i think winter is very beautiful too.




tulips (that i bought) on the table. buying myself flowers is one of the ways
i make myself happy in the cold winter months. 







we had a LOT of snow in the twin cities this winter. if it's gotta be cold i prefer having 
a lot of snow though... it just makes everything bright and prettier.
who wants it to be bitterly cold and brown? not me.























 snow delicately stuck to my outdoor garland 













 ice writing on the front door.





purple cone flower seed heads in the garden







feeding the birds is another way i find joy in the winter. the 746 squirrels that
are constantly finding ways to get to my feeders make it more challenging,
but the birds still get some of the seed i put out. : )


















hello mama cardinal





















"excuse me, do you have any grey poupon?"


















speaking of feeding the birds, did i mention the neighborhood turkeys?
there is a flock of them that live here and they parade from yard to yard all day
long, eating the birdseed that's fallen on the ground, or better yet, the 
berries from the flowering crab trees.  that's what's going on in the next pictures.
these big critters are so comical to watch, they'll fly up in the trees and perch
while they eat berries, but they also sit on the ground and leap up to grab
the berries they can reach.






"hey, check for mail while you're out there will ya?"











see the tuft of stiff hair that sticks out on both male and female turkeys?
i have a new haircut and the sides of my hair stick out and remind me of this.
until it grows out a little, i'm tucking it behind my ears and trying not to gobble.















so long.



we live just two blocks from byerlys grocery store and
we also see coyotes, deer, pheasants, fox, rabbits, all kinds of birds,
& there's even a resident owl that coo's us to sleep at night.
how lucky are we?



so here's a shout out to spring,
we're ready for you!
*and if that means I have to shave my legs on a regular basis
well then, I guess it's a small price to pay.



like chip gaines says, "be sweet"
xo, beth









No comments:

Post a Comment

comments from you make my day! thanks~