Wednesday, September 28, 2016





today's post is some personal favorites
from my photo shoots.

 I kind of need someone to pinch me. 
sometimes when i'm getting ready for a session,
or home at my desk editing, i can't believe
this is my life now.

how could i have know when i closed my home decor store in 2008
that life would lead me down a path to a job i loved 
 at a photography studio? then when
my boss/friend decided to close her studio...
to warily taking the leap to try photography myself?

for however long this lasts, i feel beyond blessed 
to again have found a passion that allows me to own my
own business, set my own hours, be creative and do something that
i feel makes a difference in people's lives.

i think this was what all my other career paths were leading
me to all along. 

i think this will be my last job. i think it really is what i want to be when i grow up!
 : )


i culled through files from the last year or so and pulled out some
special favorites from the massive amounts of photos i have saved. 


so here's a look at some of them~






you have no idea how much love a heart can hold, until you hold your first born child.










this is my favorite kind of family photo. the love- it's just right there.





black and white favorite





the little arm just hanging over momma's shoulder, melts me.






when this senior took off her glasses for me she looked completely different.
i love glasses, but they do hide a person's eyes. loved this view.






this photo shoot wasn't even about her, but how could i not take some photos
of the sweet little cousin?








born way early and with a big old surgery already behind him... i was in love.







jumping for pure joy~




i know, right?






i rocked this little one's daddy to sleep as a child and now, wow,
he has his own beautiful child.








i am so intrigued by pregnancy, it's like i never experienced it myself~ hehe





charmer from the moment we met






a father, in love with his brand new son





i hope that years from now, when his family looks back at this, it will
 will be even funnier then it was the day i took it.
: ))) 






i love the details of a wedding





his hair, those eyes.. .just stand there please and let me capture this moment 











it was very special to me to be a part of this announcement. this couple waited a long, long
time to have a baby and they were going to announce that they were 
expecting...not one but two babies.
twincesses!






during an engagement session this dude risked throwing a handful of snow right in his girl's face~
(brave? stupid? funny? mean? mmm~ yes.)





does anyone else see micheal jackson in this compelling face.






a family that knows how to have fun~





it wasn't until i uploaded this image, that i noticed the family dog
was in the shot. mose, you made the photo better. good dog.





i rocked this girl to sleep too.
she's my daughter~







one of my favorites



birthday balloons









this balloon, this night, these photos and this precious family.
it was heartbreakingly sad, yet healing...in memory of their daddy.






completely unaware of her own beauty, and i think it came from inside.










give me a little boy in a sailor suit any day





when i arrived at this home for their newborn shoot, mom was upstairs feeding.
she invited me into her private space and i love this image so.
(why wasn't anyone taking this kind of photos when i was 
having my babies??)



my girl on her wedding day.
i played with an edit where i put her bridal bouquet around her face.







unprompted, my senior just leaned back and shut her eyes. loved the catch.





sisters.








this was the one and only moment this little punkin stood still during his shoot.



moving hair and a poetic overlay~






this is my doula baby. i was her mama's birth coach and got to take
her very first photos. win-win.




love my senior sessions.




our photos are the legacy we leave.
please take the time to print your photos. 


* two photo labs i suggest you try are:

nationsphotolab.com
&
artifactuprising.com


take care and be well,
xox, beth





No comments:

Post a Comment

comments from you make my day! thanks~